University and Volume Discounts Available! Inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information today.
Lab Kits Come in Two Different Standard Options.
- Option #1 includes everything needed to perform all 14 workshop activities.
- Option #2 is a cost-effective version with enough materials to perform 11 workshop activities (Workshop numbers 1, 2, 4, 5, 7 - 11, 13, 14).
Option #1 - Full Education Kit for 14 Workshops
- Each Kit Contains 1"x1" Heat Flux Sensor, Foil Thermocouple Temperature Sensor, 1"x1" Heater With Power Source, Data Acquistion Device & Software, and Raw Material Blocks Used for Testing
Option #2 - Reduced Educational Kit
- Each Kit Contains 0.5"x0.5" Heat Flux Sensor, Foil Thermocouple Temperature Sensor, Data Acquistion Device & Software, Raw Material Blocks Used for Testing, & Aluminum Fin.
Both Kit Options Include Extensive Coursework Activities, Suggested Quizzes & Homework, Instructional Videos & Manuals are all Available to the Public for Free!
Use These Lab Kits to Easily Implement Hands-On Workshops in Your Class!
- Modular Coursework to Fit into Your Curriculum and Schedule
- Minimal Time Needed to Conduct Workshop Activities Either in a Lab or at Student's Homes
- Inexpensive, Simple, & Reusable Hardware
- Tested at Virginia Tech with Great Success
Topics Covered in the Hands-On Workshop Curriculum Include
- Heat Flux vs. Temperature
- Thermal Conductivity
- Thermal Resistance: Parallel & Series
- Convective Heat Transfer Coefficient
- Convective Fins & Efficiency
- Convective Boundary Layers
- Lumped Capacitance
- Transient Heat Transfer in Semi-Infinite Solids
- Mass Transfer
- Radiation: Black vs. Gray Bodies
- Metabolic Heat Loss