FluxDAQ+ Heat Flux Sensor and Thermocouple Measurement and Data Logging System
The FluxDAQ+ is a low-cost Arduino based data acquisition system that is designed to accurately measure the small analog DC voltage output signals from PHFS heat flux sensors, their integrated thermocouples and independent thermocouple based temperature sensors. The FluxDAQ+ enables precise measurement resolution at a fraction of the cost to other currently available systems.
Increased functionality has been added to the FluxDAQ+ to include data logging capabilities that are independent of a personal computer. New features allow the user to either take data directly to the computer and display real-time plots of heat flux and temperature (same as with the FluxDAQ) or run the device portably and log the data over time while connected to an AC outlet. The data is recorded to an 8 Gigabyte SD memory card (included) which can be removed and accessed on a computer at a later time.
Everything offered with FluxDAQ.....
......but now offering long-term data logging
Key System Features
- 8 differential input channels for simultaneous measurements of both heat flux and temperature from 4 PHFS sensors.
- LCD screen for on-device measurement readout from one PHFS sensor channel.
- SD memory card for data logging while not connected to a computer.
- AC power adapter for powering the device while not connected to a computer.
- Free software for computer-based user interface and data recording through a USB cable connection.
- Automatic zeroing of current bias error for increased accuracy, especially while using high impedance sensors.
- Long-term studies of heat flux and temperature
- In-situ measurement of thermal insulation R-value using the PHFS-09 series sensors
- Building science studies - measure heat flux and temperature of entire building envelope over time
$500 For FluxDAQ+ (Note: Does not include cost of sensors)
FluxDAQ+ System Specifications
Input Signal Type:
Number of Channels:
Type of ADC:
Heat Flux Resolution Using PHFS-01:
Heat Flux Resolution Using PHFS-09:
Maximum Sampling Rate:*
Overall Package Dimensions**
SD Memory Card Storage Capacity:
Number of Measurements:
Heat flux sensor and Type-T Thermocouple Analog DC Voltages
8 Differential (16 Single-Ended)
Approximately 1 - 2 W/m^2
Approximately 0.1 - 0.2 W/m^2
Up to 2.5 Hz
5.0" x 4.2" x 3.5" (12.7 x 10.7 x 8.9 cm)
Integrated Thermistor for Cold Junction Temperature Compensation
8 Gigabytes (SD card included)
Approx. 10 Million Measurements Using All 8 Channels
* Samping rate is dependent on the number of active channels taking measurements. The specified maximum sampling rate is for 2 active differential channels (1 heat flux & 1 thermocouple)
**Dimensions of FluxDAQ USB interface measurement system in an acrylic enclosure that is built to house the FluxDAQ with all the optional additional features.
***Lead times may vary
Please email info@FluxTeq.com for any purchases. Include your shipping address and the number of sensors and types you would like purchase so that we can estimate the shipping and total costs.
Feel free to include any information about your specific application so that we can provide you with a FluxDAQ datalogger with the most appropriate capabilities.